First treatment of the season
Tuesday, Apr. 16, 2013 – 10:58 p.m.
So… the weather was pretty much perfect to work in the garden this past weekend. Did I? not very much. Other tasks and activities occupied us. However, I did apply Bayer Advanced All-in-One Rose and Flower Care liquid to the potted roses (wedding & valentines roses) on Saturday (april 13) and sprayed with Mancozeb and Honor Guard fungicide on Sunday (Apr 14) morning.
For the Bayer stuff, I mixed up a little over 2 gallons and that worked but I should do 2.5 gallons next time so I can treat the climber that the neighbors planted (and I spray and prune since it basically grows next to the potted roses). I also probably need to get some more of the liquid. For the spray mix, I did 1 gallon in the sprayer. That covered all the potted roses as well as the neighbor’s rose (probably a Blaze) and some of the roses in the beds, like Francesca and The Prince but it only lasted to treat about half of the big Sourv. dela Malmaison. The sprayer has the capacity of 2 gallons so I think that’s what I should do next time.
I also got out to apply munch to the the bed by the fence. I was shocked and angry to see that something had DUG UP my Blanc Double de Courbet that I recently planted! Not sure what evil creature decided it wanted to unearth it but I have now replanted it and hopefully it will stay planted this time. Because of having to rebury that bush and some additional weeding outof briars that have started growing in that bed, I did not get a chance to put down the mulch that we purchase last weekend but didn’t get down.
Guess the mulch will wait yet another day….